Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"Go God"

So I have three "Go God" stories to share so that I will remember how good God is.
Story 1: Family Pics
So, for my birthday this year I asked for an updated family picture to hang on my wall. In our last picture Carson was 1 year old! That was six years ago...so, so hard to believe. One of the local photographers was offering a cd copyright release for $100.00 so I thought that was a win, win situation. I just wanted one picture and I could send it off to the lab and get it printed how I wanted. Well the pictures did not turn out. I asked for a full length family picture and unfortunately did not recieve that in any of the 12 pictures I received. I was so upset. It was my birthday present. I prayed about it and decided to email the photographer and ask her to prayerfully consider refunding my session because I did not recieve anything close to what I requested. She was very upset. I told her that I would be happy to pay her for her time but I would really just like a refund. I did not want to try this endeavor again with the same photographer. She granted my request and refunded my session fee for which I was so grateful. My other two family pictures are from Hart Portrait Artist in Stillwater....and I love them...but they cost soo much. The setting fee alone is $75.00. I really wanted to go ahead and schedule and appointment with them but I did not have the $325.91 to purchase the one 16x20 family picture that I was wanting. I prayed about it. I decided that if I waited I would have to buy all new outfits for a different season and size since my munchkins grow so fast. So we went ahead and made an appointment and I decided to just wait until I could set aside some more money to purchase the print that I was wanting. These are the lessons I learned: sometimes you really do get what you pay for and just because you have a nice camera it does not make you a professional photographer. We took the picture on Thursday morning and then set off on a last adventure before school started. We took the boys to POPS on 66, unpluggits play place in Edmond and the Oklahoma Science Museum. We had a really fun time. When we got back home I went out and got the mail. In the mailbox was an envelope from Cushing Regional Hospital to which I quickly thought stink, another bill. As I opened it up I saw that it was not a bill but actually a letter saying that they owed us $325.00 and they wanted to know which card we wanted refunded!!!! Praise the Lord! "Go God" for sure! I love how He continues to show me how much He loves me by being so incredibly faithful to us. I love that His timing makes me chuckle and fills me with joy!
Story 2: Unpluggits

Story 3: Moms 31

No comments: