Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Momma's Flowers


Just some pictures of some of my favorite things in my backyard. My lantana reminds me of Granny. She has lots of it growing in her little courtyard up on the fence.

Can you see all the blooms ready to bust open!



My two rose bushes are new this year and we are soo enjoying their beauty!


My hydrangeas are blooming this year. Last year they did not bloom. We did some major work in this bed early spring and cleaned it out and dug out some nandina bushes (not sure if that is how you spell it). We were delighted to find a stone retaining wall around the Crepe Mertyle (that is coming up from the roots because of the late frost) and planted some new begonias in front.



I really enjoy my pots on the deck in the mornings. The one below is my favorite! I looove caladiums.

This I planted as seedlings in early spring in the front beds by the sidewalk doubting it would come up but it did! The best $3.00 I have spent in a long time.
This is probably my favorite, angel wing begonias! I couldn't keep anything alive in these pots by the door last year but so far these are doing well! I know it may seem silly to post pictures of my flowers but I just wanted to share a few of my favorite flowers that God has created so perfectly that I am able to take care of and enjoy in my very own backyard!

No comments: