Thursday, July 21, 2011

Just two seconds...and everything could change.





I feel compelled to blog this two seconds of our life last night. God is continuing to graciously teach us and protect our family. God has blessed us with a pool. We have soo enjoyed the pool in this HOT summer. I saw this morning that we have had 28 days of over 100 degree temps so far. Dustin was home and we had finished dinner and decided to go out for a swim to cool down. We all got dressed and headed outdoors. I had Claire in my arms and headed for the watering hose to give the flowers by the pool a much needed drink. I looked over and saw Dustin, the boys, and Abigail go into the gate on the west end of the pool as Claire and I made our way to the gate at the east end. I heard Carson get in and turned my back to water my pots on the side of the pool. All was quiet....for just two seconds. Dustin yelled my name and I looked over. I saw Abigail bobbing up in the shallow and flailing around in the water...I didn't think, I just reacted. I yelled "Roo!"..She heard me and looked over, she looked very scared.... I dropped the hose and jumped in with Claire in my arms and grabbed up Abigail. Just after I pulled her up Dustin was there pulling her out of the pool and this is what he said, "Thank you, Jesus.". She was crying. My heart was pounding. She was fine. She was okay. Yes, Thank you Lord! She had watched her brother walk right into the pool and so she did too without her floaties on. I thought my husband was watching. My back was turned. Two seconds was all it would have taken to change everything. Today I am most grateful for the Holy Spirit and how he helped us to see Abigail needing help and Jesus who allowed us to help her. We thank Him and praise Him for his watchful care over our family and for allowing us to spend more days with Abigail Ruth. This morning I was overwhelmed with his word. "He who keeps you will not slumber." Psalm 121:3. He was watching, alert even in those two seconds when our eyes were turned and for that I am so grateful! Thank you, Jesus!


1 comment:

Susan Lauderdale said...

Amanda,we had something very similar happen to us at the city pool on family night when our son, Ryan, was a little older than Carson. You are right, two seconds is all it takes. That's why we praise our great God Whose eyes never leave us---we are never out of His care. We love the Cupp Crew!!
Susan