Monday, January 26, 2009

Knee Deep with Girl's Retreat

Girls Retreat.....today I am knee deep in final details for the 1st Annual Girl's Retreat at our church. It is so exciting and sooo much work! We have officially 30 girls signed up and I am expecting another 15-20 friends and last minute deciders to join us on Friday! A freind that was a couple of years older than me that I played basketball with in Highschool, Courtney Smith Bullard, will be coming and leading it with her IDMinistries team. I am so excited about what the Lord has in store for this weekend! It has been so neat to see how He has grown the girls ministry that we started just this last September and I soo look forward to seeing who He connects with us through this awesome Retreat opportunity! Our Theme is grecian spa and we have decided to use greek like wedding columns, ivy, greenery, and bundles of candles. I can't hardley wait to see it all come together! We actually had a member of the church that owned a wedding rentals company and she is letting us use some huge 8' Columns and also some smaller ones and tablecloths for decoration---such a blessing! I can't wait to see the girls reactions to the decoration. Details....thier are so many details to complete and finsish up today. I have decided that I am a planner....I really enjoy the planning and the organization, maybe that is why I don't really enjoy sometimes not knowing what God is planning. :) But He is teaching us ever so patiently to just trust in Him. Also this week our renters are moving out so we are scheduling all the repair work, carpet cleaning....to get it ready to list on the Market on Monday. Please pray for a quick sale. I really am not anxoius about this but it would sure be a blessing to sell it quickly so that we don't have to make double mortgage payments for another month. What I am learning in the midst of all these planning details this week is that God is a God of details....He loves planning and creating just as much as I do and He does a much better job connecting all the dots in His perfect timing....I soo look forward to seeing how it all comes together for His glory! Praising Him! -A



No comments: