Friday, January 30, 2009

Lifting Me Up

Just wanted to share some encouraging words from the Lord that have lifted me up this morning. Yesterday was gruelsome...is that how you spell it? We decorated the church for the girl's retreat for almost 5 hours...my body was truly aching all over. This whole baby in the belly sure makes things a little more challenging. :) I came home last night not really even being able to sit comfortably and relax. Dustin worked on me with his OMT for a little bit which seemed to help. And of course last night I couldn't sleep at all...it felt like I just laid there all night tossing and turning. This morning my body is sore and tired and my heart was a little overwelmed with all the little tasks I had to finish up for the retreat today, but as I made time for the Lord and just seeking Him this morning in His word.....He truly lifted me up with this little commentary in my study bible. I pray that it brings you encouragement in your life today as well..
"Jesus' desire is that each women yield herself to Him in utter dependence, recognizing that "without Me you can do nothing." John 15:5. and relying on His Holy Spirit fo fulfill the special ministry that He selects for her. God challenges each one of us as He did Queen Ester, "Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" Each women is hand-picked by God, situated by Christ's body as He desires, and it indispinsable in reaching her particular sphere of influence for Christ. If a woman feels inadequate for the ministry task the Lord reveals to her; she need only to remember Jesus' words "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."........Praise the Lord!

No comments: