Friday, May 1, 2009

Time flies when you are having fun...2 Weeks with Abigail Ruth!

2 Weeks Old


Abby Ruth & Glenna Ruth (her great-granmother)

Abigail & Great Aunt Becky


Attended The Lion King 8 days old




Time flies when you are having fun....last night Dustin was holding Abigail and I just said wow she will be 2 weeks old tomarrow. Dustin replied, "Try one week old." ....No....hard to believe but we have now been enjoying loving on Abigail for two weeks now!! We both laughed..it doesn't seem like two weeks that she has been here but it truly has! What a joy she is! As you can tell from the pictures above, her brothers are super duper proud of her. They love to hold her, give her baths and stuff her paci in her mouth at any given opportunity (no, she doesn't like this at all but I think she has learned -so quickly I might add- to appease them every now and then by sucking on it when it is being jammed down her throat! :) ) Last weekend was a bit crazy but all worked out great! Abigail is one cultured little girl already---she has already been to her first baseball game, play and official tea. The tea party meet & great for Abigail was such a delight to get to see some dear friends in OKC and the cookies were delicious...I am pretty sure the boys and I consumed waaaay too many. Monday was my first official day with all three monkeys by myself and all went surprisingly well. I was a little worried about the getting everyone ready, fed, loaded up and to school on time everyday but we seemed to accomplish it somehow everyday this week. I did try to brave a trip to Target on wednesday and of course when I pulled up in the parking lot it started pouring down rain...the kidos were dry when we finaaly got inside but I was soaked..a memorable first trip out for sure. I am going to have to praise my husband for a minute. I truly believe that God has blessed me with the sweetest, most compassionate husband...that I am so proud of. Last night he asked me, "Honey, am I doing enough to help you?"...talk about melt my heart...he has been so helpful and sensitive to myself and the boys and now Abigail....bless him...oh how I love him!....speaking of being proud of him...wanted to share with you all that he got nominated from the faculty and his peers at his residency program to be one of the Chief Residents next year...sooo neat..we are so very proud of Him and the opportunity that God has given him to lead out in the residency program in the coming year! And just in case you were wondering...yes, the bird is still sitting on her eggs...it has been three weeks now..we are beginning to wonder if they are ever going to hatch :) In writing this post I had to pause and walk away from the computer to change Abigail and get her ready for bed..in doing so I noticed that she has finally lost her umbilical cord...wow! Time truly does fly when you are having fun loving on Abigail!










No comments: