Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Waiting...

We have learned so much in waiting in the Lord in the past nine years of marriage...waiting on His timing and not trying to work it all out on our own time schedule...which seems really difficult sometimes because I especially like to have everything all taken care of and completed. He is continually teaching us to wait....wait on Him. His plans are far better and His timing is perfect, of course it is....how could it not be from an all-knowing God who tenderly cares for His children faithfully time and time again. I find myself reflecting on waiting this morning as I prepare my heart for the day. Today we have a re-inspection of our rent house that we recently got a contract on and are in the process of selling. The first inspector said that in his opinion the house needed another 4 piers. We are praying that the re-inspection shows that all of the repair work and piering that has already been done is sufficient and the home does not need any more piering. At times I find myself a little fearful that the inspector will find that we need more than 4 piers or find something else wrong with the home....this home has been our lion the last 6 years. It seemed like something was always going on that needed to be repaired.....it makes me remember how faithful God is to provide as time after time He provided financially for us to maintain this home....amazingly the past six months as we have paid double mortgage payments while trying to sell it. I will resign myself to continue to wait with an expectant hope that He will work all things out for good.
"Our soul waits fir the Lord, He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted in His holy name." Psalm 33:20-21

No comments: