Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kim Lee's Delightful Homeade Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe!

Okay so after so many requests I am sending a mass emial of the recipe for the most wonderful homeade chocolate chip cookies I have yet found.......from the Kitchen of Kim Lee. Enjoy!



1 1/2 sticks of butter (3/4c) or margarine softened


3/4 C of shortening


1 C Sugar


1 C Brown Sugar


1 tsp salt


1 tsp baking soda


1 tsp vanilla


2 eggs


3 C flour


12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips


6 oz package of milk choc chips (or butterscotch)

Preheat oven to 375F. Combine all ingredients except flour and choc chips. Stir until smooth (I don't use an electric mixer. I've found that it changes the consistency of the dough.) Add flour and mix completely. Then add choc chips.



Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes.



**From Amanda's Kitchen.....okay so here's the scoop....using the medium cookie scoop from Pampered Chef (Plug for my mother-in-law....if you don't have one I know someone who you can order one from :) ) this recipe will make approx 48 cookies for arounf $6.00. I usually bake 12 and continue to scoop up the rest of the dough using the cookie scoop, put them on a plate and then put then in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Then I take them off the plate and put them into a freezer safe ziplock to store in the freezer. Then I can pull out cookies to bake from the freezer at anytime! I like my cookies not so browned so I bake them instead at 350F for about 14 minutes or so. Seriously yummy and not at all FAT FREE in any way! :) Enjoy!

No comments: