Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Soaking in the Presence of the Lord




Abigail is checking out Madison's rolls.... :)

Our Little Sleeping Beauty

Andrew's quilt that Grandmommie made for him

Carson's Quilt that Grandmommie made for him



It is August...I can hardly believe it! The summer has come and gone sooo quickly. Carson has 7 days till school starts...crazy! This year he will go to kindergarden which is an all day long program. It makes me a little sad to think of him gone all day long since we have soo enjoyed having him home this summer but I know that he will absolutely enjoy it! I am a little concerned about his lunches however, since he continues to only eat peanut butter and jelly, pizza, and chicken nuggets. Maybe this year will help him come out of that and be open to trying new things. That is my prayer. The past couple of weeks I have been doing a bible study for mom's on managing your time and have really found a new freedom through it. I am such a Martha in wanting "to do" things for Christ all the time but it has truly helped me to see that at times it is good just to rest in him and be His...to spend time with Him instead of doing things for Him. It has taught me to prioritize and to stop doing useless busy work that I am not called to do "barren pursuits". Useless work unfortunatley does not include the laundry however I have found that when folding laundry I can spend time in prayer praying over my husband and children as I fold and put away thier clean clothes. I know this is not a huge thing but it has been so liberating for me just to truly understand that I don't have to constantly be doing, I can say no when I feel like it is not something that God would want me to do in this season of my life. I have learned to truly enjoy and accomplish the things here at home and spend quality time with my children instead of being constantly on the go or preparing my home three and four times a week for functions. I am calling this season "Soaking in the Presence of the Lord". I will make every effort to truly soak in His presence throughout my day and spend time with Him instead of waking up with a to do list of tasks to accomplish for Him everyday. Anyways...I am so thankful that we serve such a living and loving God that He would continue to remind us of His love for us and his desire to simply spend time with us. Thank you Lord! The pictures above of the boys and thier quilts are just to show Grandmommie that I have taken the pictures she requested it may just take me a little bit to get them printed and sent to you. Aren't they fantastic! The boys love them! Truly wonderful! Thank you Grandmommie for this most special gift that you have given them. What a blessing you are! This past week I took care of my friend Candace's little girls so they could enjoy an anniversary dinner one night. Her girls are sooo cute! Mackenzie, her oldest, is teaching me that the world of girls is soooo different from the world that I have experienced with the boys. They truly are little princesses! I soo enjoyed getting to love on those girls. As you can see Abigail was the only one not happy with the group pic....well four out of five is not too bad! :) So here is my funny story of the week, while shopping at Walmart this week the boys had suckers from the bank and I had my list and was on a roll. I kept hearing a little smacking and looked up and little Abigail was licking her lips over and over again....hmmmm...as I looked a little closer I saw a little blue line on her chin. Andrew, my little culprit, had been sharing his sucker with Abigail! How sweet that he would share his sucker even though he is reminded at least three or four times a day not to put ANYTHING in Abigail's mouth. :) I pray that you also are soaking up the presence of the Lord today!








No comments: