Monday, December 15, 2008

The call came at 5:38 am....

We recieved a phone call at 5:38AM this morning from Jenks Public Schools informing us that because of the icy road conditions school would be canceled today....as I do appreciate the warning I think that 5:30 in the morning is a little early for a call regarding a program that does not start until 1:15pm. It was so startling...you know those phone calls that awake you in the middle of the night or early morning, you immeadiately think who could that be and what could be wrong? However it is just a day to celebrate....being iced in! Yeah! Carson was telling me the other day that Christmas can't come until it snows.....well the ice is kind of white on the ground. When we told Carson this morning that thier would be no school he said great! and Daddy doesn't have to go to work either? Not so....Daddy still had to go to work tonight. We have a girls bible study party scheduled this evening and I guess that we will just wait and see what the weather does. I have all this food....little smokies, rotel, supplies to make choc covered pretzels and christmas cookies! Maybe it will be better this afternoon. Tonight, if we meet, we will finish up an 8 week study that has been fantastic. I have so enjoyed this ministry and yet at the same time realize what hard work it truly is. About two weeks ago I was a little discouraged in the ministry and asking the Lord "Where is the fruit, Lord"...as we spend many hours with these girls and in preparation for the bible study I often have a desire to see where God is moving hearts and inturn will cause them to act where thier fruit will overflow where we can actually see it! God reminded me ever so gently that sometimes we will water....and water.....and water and we may not ever be able to truly see the little sprout of fruit but that just may not be our job at the time. At the same time I wanted to share with you two evidences of what God has been doing in this ministry that has encouraged me with during this time. One of the girls in our group's mother reported that she had to actually change her shirt before school because the shirt was questionable in modesty after going through our "The Cover Up" study. Another girl's mother reported that her daughter's older boyfriend broke up with her only because she refused to do anything more than kiss him. She made a chioce not to compromise herself before marriage. Praise God!! Isn't that exciting! We are planning on starting another 6 week study in January and we are holding the 1st ever Girls Retreat the 30-31st at the church. Courtney Bullard with ID Ministries is coming.....this is a neat story....The girls were telling me about how wonderful this speaker was at Super Summer and when I asked who it was and they told me Courtney Bullard....I all but laughed. What a small world, I played basketball with Courtney Smith, at the time, in highschool. How neat that God would cross our paths again, it has been such a joy talking to her about the girls retreat and I look forward to hearing more about what God has done in her life over the years....truly what a small world that God would knit us together in the past and then again in the present to serve together to glorify Him! Anyways...a day iced in I guess calls for laundry and cleaning to be done if we are to meet here tonight.....

No comments: