Monday, December 29, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...

My New Momma Rocker!































Well Christmas was really pretty sweet this year. We spent Christmas Eve with Mimi, Papa, Granny and some special guests: Kitty and Carl Horiess and Gregg and Kathy Cupp. Dustin and Kitty grew up together and I met her in highschool...it was a really neat time to share in fellowship with them and thier family. We hadn't seen Kitty in three years! Christmas Eve was eventful. The boys couldn't hardley wait to make The Happy Birthday Jesus Cake with Mimi...that was pretty neat. Andrew was loving the sprinkles and Carson just loved dipping his finger into the extra icing this year and eating it! Yum! After the cake was decorated they were off and ready to open the presents!! It was fun to see how so very excited they both were this year in opening some fun toys and then on Christmas morning finding the "Choo-Choo Roller Coster and Hotwheels Rollercoster" set that Santa left. I think Andrew's favorite thing was his new Christmas Thomas Movie and Carson really loved his Hotwheels Rollercoster best. Christmas morning we went to my family's home and celebrated with them. The boys got yet another rollercoster type car play set and lots more toys. Carson and Andrew helped Nay-Nay open baby Peyton's gifts....that was fun...he will be here before we know it...only 4 more weeks till he is due! That night Dustin and I came back to Tulsa to work and the boys were able to stay with Mimi & Papa until Sat morning when we would come back to OKC. My favorite thing this Christmas was a visa gift card and christmas money. I have been wanting a rocking chair to rock Abiagail in and have been very reluctant to purchase one because of how expensive they all are. Dustin and I went Friday after he got off to Mathis and got a steal...we found a rocker recliner that was origionally $500. 00 and it was on sale for $128.00. I was so very excited!! Anyway, I included a pic...I love my Momma Rocker...we got it home that night and I rocked Abigail (in the womb of course) in it....how fun! That night we watched a movie that was so very sad to me, "Pursuit of Happiness". How timely that God would use this to remind us how very fortunate we are, He has blessed us so very much this past year. We do not deserve His goodness and so many blessings that he bestows upon us so very much. Truly what an awesome God we serve! We arrived back in Oklahoma City Saturday to celebrate with Dustin's Mom and Dad, otherwise known as Mimi & Papa. It was thier 40th wedding anniversary! I will have to say that I did not do a very good job this past week taking pictures to document all that we did...my camera was giving me fits...I later realized that it was a set of bad batteries. Anyways, Dustin's sister Angela and her family joined us for dinner at Charleston's to celebrate and then we went on to Downtown OKC for the Myriad Gardens Light Tour. It was a really nice night and we got to see two choo choo trains!! Which of course the boys loved! The lights were beautiful and so romantic! What a neat night to celebrate the 40 years that the Lord has blessed them with together. On a side note, we also got free Hornets tickets for the New Years Eve game so that was kind of cool, too. Although, we are all exhausted from the traveling and may just gift them on to someone else. What a Christmas....Carson and Andrew are so excited about thier new things....and new things are fun, but as Christmas is now officially "wrapped up" we are so thankful for His gift to us in Jesus and His love for us and for His ever compassionate hand upon us, guiding us and providing for us along the way. We look forward to what lies ahead in 2009 as we continue to trust in Him....

No comments: