Tuesday, January 22, 2013

40 years: So far, the rein of a lie

My heart is so heavy today. I hope I am able to express just a little of what the Lord is laid on my heart today. 40 years ago today the supreme court made a decision that would provide great provision for a huge lie. The lie. Human life is not to be valued outside of the mother's womb and thus any mother should have the opportunity to end the life of her unborn and unwanted child. I am having a hard time finding the words I want to express here and first I want to say I pray that as you read what the Lord has put on my heart that it may cause you perhaps to recognize and understand why our country, our leaders our communities need our prayers. A few months ago I watched a Christian movie called "October Baby". If you have not seen it, I highly advise you to rent it. It helped to open my eyes to a little of what is going on right now in the abortion business. The story was based on a girl, she was actually a twin, who was a failed abortion because they actually didn't know there were two babies in the womb. They missed the abortion. They missed the termination of life and thus the mother went into labor (shortly after the procedure) and delivered a mutilated little boy and a healthy little girl. The mother gave them both up to adoption because she did not want them. This happens today. Failed abortions. Successful abortions. In forty years now the documented number, and I do believe this is a very fractional number because of the rules now for voluntary reporting of terminated babies turned in varying by state, is 50 million children. 50 million. 50 million children. 40 years has so far been the rein of the lie. I believe strongly that Satan loves this lie and glories in not only the murder of the unborn but of the heartbroken guilt and suffering that the mother goes through after she realizes what she has done. The media hardly ever talks about this. The heartache. The suffering. The realization of the mother when she truly grasps that one decision that will affect her life every day for as long as she lives. Every day this mother will wonder and regret. Why? Because she was fooled. She was duped. Very much like Eve....Don't you think you know better than the Lord does? Did he really say that? She believed the lie: my baby's life is not to be valued until it is outside of my womb and thus I have the right to end its life. The psalmist says  it so well is Psalm 139:13-14 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." If we are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and proclaim His word is truth this verse is only one that would fight so strongly against this lie. God made us. Knit us together so wonderfully...we were fearfully and wonderfully made not outside the womb...He valued us and knew us and had plans for us beforehand, before we were even placed in the womb. (Ephesians 2:10) Today as I have prayed and read some great articles about Christians and what our response should be to what this day represents I am perplexed by the double standard. We now have many surgeries and procedures to help babies still inside the womb to make it to term. We now have great modern medicine and hospitals to help mothers carry these babies as long as they possibly can. But why do we value this life, these babies still in the womb? I have come to realize....because they are babies that are wanted. 40 years ago a great lie was given great provision in the Roe vs Wade decision. Just because a baby is perhaps unwanted by its mother does not mean it should not be valued inside of her womb. Today I find myself praying for our leaders to protect these babies. Today I find myself praying for these moms, 50 million moms, who have believed a lie and have paid the consequences. I find myself praying for the moms right now that are struggling with this lie as they question if they should believe the lie and embrace it for themselves. I find myself praying the Lord will break this lie and Satan will be exposed as the liar and destroyer that he is. I find myself praying that the rein of this lie will come to and end and soon very, very soon.

No comments: