Thursday, January 31, 2013

5 weeks down..

I have wanted to write some things down the past couple of days but have not carved out time to do so. I will attempt to this afternoon as the girls are "napping." I can hear them playing as I type...they sound like a couple of monkeys...I am not sure a rest will be in order for these two little ones today. So for the time I do have I just wanted to express what has been going on here this last week. We have been here in Morehead now 5 weeks...but it seems like longer somehow. It is a little bit of a strange thing for me as I am working on making this new house a home. This is a tough job. I have been looking at décor, paint and praying about what the Lord would want us to do in this home. How should it be decorated? What functional furniture do we need? We have no furniture really in the main family room and sitting room upstairs. We have been waiting on the Lord for Him to bring the right buyers for our home in Cushing. We are supposed to close on our home here in Morehead in 5 weeks so we are just leaning into the Lord to provide a contract for our home there. The empty space for the past weeks has been our dance hall. It has wood floors and so the girls love to get their princess dresses on and heels and dance with Daddy or Rastus. As we have been working at making this home functional for our family it has really amazed me how I see how the Lord has prepared us for this home. In a strange and mysterious way I can see that we were always supposed to be in this home. It is really well suited for us and for us to be able to host and share our lives with this community. The Lord has been speaking more to my heart about having faith in Him. Trusting Him with the sell of our home in Cushing. Last week I found myself discouraged again but He continues to reassure us of His will for us and His faithfulness for our family. He gave me these verses on Monday: "God shall supply all your needs according to His riches." Phil 4:19.0 and Psalm 31:15 "My times are in your hand." One commentary I read summed it up with this: All my life's whys and wheres and wherefores are in God's hands. I also read in Mark the story of the disciples on the boat with Jesus when the storm came. Of course Jesus, calmed the waves and rescued them but what got me on Monday was His words to his friends..."Where is your faith?" I felt like He was asking my heart the same question. I will trust in Him. My days are in His hands. He is faithful. He will bring a buyer. (Now, I would have to selfishly inject here that I totally loved the Lord bringing buyers to our home in Tulsa only 2 hours after the for sale by owner sign was out much more than this process of waiting for four months but I will continue to wait and have peace that He is in control.) Life in Morehead, Kentucky is good. My favorite thing is getting to see my husband so much. It has been years....like, before medical school....over 9 years ago...that I have gotten to spend so much time with my husband. It is such a joy! He is working 4 days a week in a clinic about 20 minutes from our home. He also does occasional call on weekends but it is nothing like our schedule has been. It has been fun to have brunch with Daddy and explore Kentucky with him. I am so thankful for this blessing the Lord has given us in His provision of a job here. I love to get to spend time with my best friend. The kids are doing really well and enjoying school. They also enjoy Awana on Wednesday nights. They get a topping on their ice cream for each verse they memorize. They have done such a great job working on hiding God's word in their heart....and they love ice cream so that is a good motivator. We have a local ice cream shop here in town called Chickabiddy that is a lot like Orange leaf...it's actually frozen yogurt with all kinds of toppings you can choose from. We are officially regulars and have a perks rewards card. We haven't found a piano teacher yet and I am a little disappointed in this. We sure miss Mrs. Holly and Mr. Joe. The boys went on their first field trip today. Their whole school (188 students) went to a children's play at the college here in town. I can't wait to hear how they liked it. They are pretty funny and adamant about not liking to sing, but they like to play the piano...Andrew says, "It's just my thing." Too funny. Well, there are some hard things about being in Morehead and the Lord is ministering to us and leading us in those. We sure miss our family and friends. Claire will be two next week and as we rejoice in what good things we are loving about our new town but there is sadness in celebrating her with no family or friends this year. Yes, more cake for us, but there is such sadness there in not being able to share that with others. We only know a very few people here but we trust that the Lord will soon connect us with others here. We sure miss worshipping together and learning at Eagle Heights in Stillwater, OK. We have been visiting many churches here but are not confident yet about where the Lord would want to connect us and use us. This has been a struggle for us. I may have to blog another time about this specific struggle. We have been praying for our new town and where the Lord would want us to share life and share Christ with our new community. We are praying the Lord will lead us or confirm to us soon where He wants us to be so we can make friends and connect with other believers here that love the Lord. We did get our first visitors this past Sunday which was such a joy. My friend Cory was driving her Uncle Curly home to West Virginia and they got to stop by for a few minutes. Oh my, it was wonderful to see my dear friend and hug her. I am so thankful the Lord made a way for me to see her. I needed to see a familiar face and I am so grateful we serve such a great and mighty God that He would orchestrate her to come across my path that day. We gave them a Kentucky gift....our local pop: Ale81. (ale.eight.one) Well, my girls are still playing and Claire has climbed out of the crib twice now so it looks like no nap is in store today. I better go and check on the monkeys.     

No comments: