Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Waiting on the Lord

Well we got a call Friday on the house in Cushing. Not what we were expecting or welcoming but nonetheless a call. Our neighbor called to let us know that water was shooting out from the meter and flooding the yard. We called our realtor and she had the city come out to shut the water off and investigate. They said it was of course on our side, the homeowner, so we have a repair this morning on the house in Cushing. We are continuing to wait on the Lord to bring the right buyers. We are continuing to wait for the Lord to connect us with a church body here in Morehead. This past weekend Dustin was on call for the hospital and we didn't get to see him much. He tried to leave two hours early on Sunday morning so he could get the rounds done to join us for church. After getting myself and four children ready for church he called and said they had to resuscitate a newborn after delivery and it had put them so far behind that he wouldn't be able to join us and because of the snow he was unable to get his car out of the driveway and had to take my suburban. I was a little upset. I was disappointed. I had been preparing my heart to visit yet another church and would have gone by myself if I had a car. Well, okay I thought. After praying I remembered that Oklahoma was an hour behind and it was only 8:45 there. I was able to turn on the computer and worship with South Tulsa Baptist Church. When I heard the sermon title I just began to cry "What do we do while we are waiting for God to do something?" Yes! I needed that. I am so thankful that I serve such a gracious God that speaks to my heart so tenderly just at the right time and just with the right message. What do we do while we are waiting?....We practice our faith. We live it out. We continue to walk with the Lord obediently. Brother Ted said "God waits to give you opportunity to show you trust in Him." Yes! Okay Lord. Got it. What else do we do while we are waiting?...We become people of optimism. This is hard for me but God is teaching me that even while I am waiting He is working. Constantly orchestrating and lining things up for my good. I need to trust and not be overcome by Satan's lovely jabs at me to doubt God. It is a new day and my God is big enough to answer my prayer today. He is faithful and worthy of my faith in Him to hear and answer our petitions. Okay, working on that one. Anything else. Yes, one more. Last he shared we need to be people dominated by grace as we wait on the Lord. Yes! When my life is dominated by grace I become a woman of joy, gladness, witness, and continually filled with Him by walking in the spirit at all times. Boy, I needed that message Sunday. I needed to be encouraged with God's truth from Luke Chaper 1. I needed to clothe myself better with his armor as I continue to wait on the Lord. So we are waiting. We are waiting expectantly on the Lord. It's not easy but it's okay. He is worthy and ever faithful. We will lean into Him and not on our own understanding. Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up like wings on eagles; they shall run and not be weary and they shall walk and not faint." Maybe you too today are waiting on the Lord to answer some area of need in your life. I pray that this may encourage you and equip you further as you are trusting in Him to provide. I sure can't wait to see how He will work it all out together for His good. Romans 8:38 "And we know that in ALL things God works together for the good for those that love Him and have been called according to His purpose."  

No comments: