Wednesday, January 16, 2013

When doubt sneaks in

It came last week. It snuck up on me a bit. Doubt. We have been praying for the right buyers for our home in Cushing. We are still waiting on the Lord to provide. Last week that sneaky Satan got me with doubt. This is what the Lord used to minister to my heart and help me to stand firm. To trust Him. It was in an email devotional: Doubt appears to be, as Martin Luther says, “inseparable to man and knowledge.” But let us not linger in its shadows too long. Let the grace of Jesus lead us back into the light of all that is true, all that is certain.

God in Heaven, You know the times I have doubted, and the worries I am carrying in my heart even now. Make me deaf to Satan’s lies. When he whispers that You have forgotten me, turn me to the cross so I can remember how much You love me. When he suggests that my sins are too great or I’ve gone too far and too long, help me to see that Your love and forgiveness stretch further and farther. There is nowhere I can go where You are not already there. Thank you for being the answers to my doubts, over and over and over again. Amen

When doubt sneaks in, don't be fooled. Don't linger there. I am so thankful He is ever faithful and continuously working all things together in my life for His good. When doubt sneaks in I will not linger in its shadows. I will let the grace of Jesus lead me back to the light of truth. Psalm 33:4 "For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does." 1 Corinthians 1:9 "God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful."

No comments: