Today I completed my favorite project so far: chair aprons. I saw the idea on pinterest here at this website: http://chairapron.com/item/Sprout_Chevron_Chair_Seat_Cover/231
Basically the idea is an apron for a chair so you don't have to reupholster it. I liked this idea! In moving to Kentucky the movers broke one of my dining room chairs so I have ordered two different chairs to go on the ends of my formal and was wanting a way to make them all seem to go together...what better way than making them chair aprons of different fabrics. Oh, yes! The only problem was I googled a pattern to DIY and could not find a single one....so, I had to come up with one myself. The first one took about an hour and a half and the others were quicker as they came in line. The only one I'm not crazy about is the yellow one....it may not last too long...sure would like an orange damask maybe to take its place. I bought 1 yard of 54" fabric for each chair for the total cost of $65 with shipping and all. If I would have bought them here on this website above they would have been $32 for each one...so, I figure I can tell my husband I "saved" us over $125 today :) I'm sure he will love it!