Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Delighting in Him

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. " Psalm 37:4-7

This was the passage I read in my quiet time this morning and it has refreshed me once again. I love this verse. We have a cd called Seeds of Faith that is bible verses to music and this is one that I just love...delighting in Him and He will give me the desires of my heart. Why? Because as I delight in Him my desires are shaped and molded into His desires for me as He fulfills them most faithfully. It has been an interesting day. Birds have taken up official residence on our front porch. Two of them, we sappose a Mommy and a Daddy sparrow, have been playing and singing out our dining room window the past couple of days and today they have begun to build thier nest. Not a great place I would think, but I hate the thought of shooing them off....and then I think of the bird poop that will eventually come. Hmmm...are they too preparing a nest for a little one? Wouldn't that be neat to see eggs in the nest.....new life....and at Easter. New life...maybe Abigail will come this weekend. New life...Easter..Jesus. The past week I have really just been praying diligently about the Rental House and what we are to do....it has been almost three months on the market and not a single offer. Dustin and I both feel such a peace that God has the right people for this house and yet as the months roll on (so do the double mortgage payments) I find myself getting a little anxious as to what His plan is. Today was an interesting day..... We have pretty much depleted our funds to sustain paying for two mortgages after the month of May and our real estate agreement is up then anyway....so we have been praying, "Lord, what do we do?" Today, I thought I would look at Craigslist to find out how many homes in Jenks are now for rent and what they are renting them for....that is when I came upon an ad that was actually a person wanting to rent a home in Jenks for $1000 a month with an option to buy it at the end of the lease. Hmmm....I thought....I know nothing about this lease to purchase option and how it would work.....so I went to work and did my research. Basically it is a 12 month lease where the leasor and the leasee agree to a purchase price of the home and at the end of the 12 months the leasee can opt to buy the home or move out. The awesome part is no realtors Fees of 6% or more. As I began to put the numbers together and pray, "Lord, is this what you had in store all along?" All this waiting...still trusting in your plan...it was no surprise to me that when I got down to the bottom line of what we could make on the home by selling it with a lease to purchase contract for 12 months.....it was the very amount that we have had to spend in repairing this home after the previous owners sold it to us so dishonestly, not disclosing foundation problems with the home....to the tune of $20,000.00. I contacted the lady that placed the ad and she shared that she just went through a divorce and is needing to get back on her feet again and that this home sounds perfect for what she is needing....she is also just wanting a 12 month lease with an option to purchase......How awesome is our God!....here I was last week content to just get rid of it...to sell it for just enough so we could pay it off and not have to worry about it anymore....and here He comes with His plans.....and the ministry opportunity for this lady, getting her life back together...it shouldn't surprise me that it would involve ministering to His people.....could this be what He has in store...I am not sure...but it sure sounds like my most faithful God who always makes Good out of what Satan intends for evil....how amazing....delighting in Him and waiting patiently for Him......

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Very cool! I pray now that He will guide and direct and protect this agreement! How wonderful might this be! I think it would be lovely for Abigail to come this weekend.