Thursday, April 7, 2011

Being led...to show God's love!

I am learning to listen to the Holy Spirit and where he wants to show His love to others. I was able to do that this week for Carson's piano teacher. She has a very sick husband who has been in & out of the hospital. She works full time and teaches piano two days a week after work from 4-6:30. I took Carson to lessons on Tuesday and as I pulled up I had this overwhelming sense of the Holy Spirit. He impressed upon me to bless her with dinner so that she could go home after lessons and not have to worry about what to fix for her husband. Okay. Going to the store with three kids is not an easy task and yet I was so excited to do what God wanted me to do to show her His love. So off we went to the store. I decided on fried chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes and a small cheesecake. I will have to say that it was one of the easiest trips ever....why?...bc God was in our midst for sure. We were in & out in 10min and back to piano lessons. I ran the sacks in to her and simply told her that the Holy Spirit had led me to provide dinner for her & her husband. You should gave seen the shock on her face....so, close to tears. I left and went to wait for Carson to come out. I absolutely love working where God is moving!! I totally tell you this not to boast in any way of this "deed" but to encourage you to slow down and hear where the holy spirit is guiding you! What a blessing it is to be apart of where God wants to show Himself. She texted me the next day overwhelmed with gratitude sharing that she has been so tired lately and stressed over everything going on and that the blessing of food to them was such a break that she so needed. God knew that. I gave credit to him and the leading of the Holy Spirit. She was able to feel God's love and provision for her!!! Yea!! Go God!!

No comments: