Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bountifully...

In my quiet time this last week I came across this scripture and it really spoke to me. "I will sing to the Lord, for he has dealt bountifully with me." Psalm 13:6. Bountiful as defined by the Webster's dictionary means provided abundantly. The Lord has provided abundantly for the Cupp Crew and for that we will sing, sing, sing His praises! Oh, I have so much to catch this blog up with what is going on in our lives that it seems so overwhelming....incredibly intimidating, but if I don't start somewhere the stories will not be told and the Lord will not be glorified and thus, I am starting again to record the things I want to remember as we press on here in Cushing, OK. Funny things...my children are so funny. Abigail refers to everything strawberry as "shortcake" of course because of Strawberry Shortcake...we have tried to reason with her but she refuses to understand that the flavor or smell is strawberry...instead she will correct us with a sweet little grin and say, "Yep, its shortcake." Andrew is a ball of fun. This last week I went to put more money on his lunch account at school and after asking why he was going through his allotment so much quicker than Carson, I came to find out that he has been going to have breakfast with a friend at school. He has been eating two breakfasts each morning! Funny kid. He still says the funniest things. I will try to write them down and share his silliness. Carson is my man with the plan....or wants to know the plan every waking minute of the day. I used to be like that too. I am learning to be more flexible and attempting to teach Carson that we don't have to have such a structured day every day with a plan for every hour. The boys are both taking piano this fall and it has been a joy to see how much they have learned. They love their piano teacher and have her totally wrapped around their little fingers...she adores them. The girls love to tink, tink, tink on the piano too. I pray that my children will come to love music...that they will use it to praise the Lord, that He will use it to minister to them and speak to them, and perhaps that one day they can use it to speak truth and hope into others. Well, I've taken entirely too much time updating the blog. I just know some of my crimson and cream friends are gonna love this one. I should have just written so I could have shared more on my heart....well, maybe tomorrow. Until then, are you singing to the Lord tonight? How has He provided abundantly for you?

No comments: