Monday, December 12, 2011

Catching Up...Thanksgiving Program




Andrew and his kindergarten class went to sing at a nursing home here in Cushing for Thanksgiving so the girls and I went to show him support. They also collected items to bring to the people that lived there. He came home one day saying "Mom, these people that live there...they need wipes, lots of wipes. So they can clean themselves." He proceeded to go to the girls room and fill his backpack with bags of baby wipes. I love his heart to take care of people. Earlier this year he also conspired to take all of our basketballs and footballs to school to share with one of the schools that had lost all of their play equipment during the tornado. I only realized they had done as I walked past the box at school and recognized some items. We had to talk to the boys about letting us know about taking things to school. We actually would have been happy to go purchase some new equipment for those schools in need. I am however thankful that when my boys see a need they are ready to help in any way they can...even if that means packing up all their stuff and sharing it!

No comments: