Monday, May 13, 2013

A Good Day

Yesterday was a good day. Mother's Day. A day to enjoy my family and reflect on God's goodness and the gift of being a mother. What a great gift! What a great joy! My heart has been grieving for a good friend this week who found out that her mother is dying of cancer. I had a hard time during church as I knew she was at church with her father and sister without her mother yesterday morning. She is so close to her mother and my heart just hurt..I had a hard time keeping the tears from flowing as I interceded on her behalf throughout the service. I love how the Holy Spirit connects God's people. We were 14 hours apart yesterday in distance but my heart and my prayers were set on her and her family as if she was right beside me. I know that He is working in her midst. He is working and bringing her joy and glory to himself through the storm. The storms are His mercies in disguise. His arms around us. His voice singing over us and drying our tears as He reminds us He is faithful. He is the only thing that lasts. Mother's Day. I am not a good present receiver and thus I always ask for useful things. I am not a collector of stuff so things that I can use are a blessing to me. This year my family gave me a new electric can opener, coke, cookies, and a trip to buy the weekly groceries by myself! On my trip out I splurged and bought myself some dumbells to walk with and a bottle of nail polish for a total of $8.58. The best gift of all yesterday was Claire finishing her #2 challenge in the potty three times in a row! I got to take her to Wal-Mart to buy a baby doll! We spent an hour fishing at the pond and then at dusk I got a glimpse of a Mommy and two baby deer coming in from the forest to get a drink. Precious. Perfect. A Good Day. So thankful.   

No comments: