Thursday, May 23, 2013

Remember that one time....

Last weekend Dustin had been at the hospital all week and then the weekend. With a new puppy we had spent much time taking her out to potty and noticed that the grass was pretty tall. The grass was so tall that we couldn't see if she was actually going to the bathroom or not. So....I decided I would just mow the little patch and it would be good. I wasn't really in mowing attire but I set off anyway. Well, I got to mowing and noticed it was hot, really hot. I thought this would be such a blessing to my husband if I could just get the backyard mowed. I decided to park the mower, turned it off and ran inside to change quickly. I rounded the kids up and got popsicles to eat on the back porch while I got to work. We went outside and we were all talking and I looked to where I had left the mower.....I asked Carson, "Ummm, where did the mower go?" From across the pond to our right a neighbor yelled loudly, "It rolllllled doooooown the hiiiiiiillllll!!" Oh my! Yes, it rolled down the hill but was stopped before it got to the creek by a tree. Well, it happened. What I learned. One, there is no level ground in Kentucky. Two, I really should leave the man jobs to my man. Remember that one time...when Mom let the lawn mower roll down the hill!!

No comments: