Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cloth Diapers...you have got to be kidding me!



















Okay so here's the deal. My friend Cinthya was telling me about using cloth diapers about a year ago when she was pregnant with little Lisa and I really thought she was crazy....more laundry I thought. You have got to be out of your mind to want more laundry with a new baby at home! And then I saw how cute and functional they were...and adjustable...you can use them from 7-35lbs! And then I started thinking...okay my least favorite part about laundry is the folding and hmmmm thier would be no folding...just putting them in the washer and then the dryer....hmmmm. So I began to investigate further when we got pregnant again.....and I am going cloth!! Cloth Diapers that is! I ordered a dozen pack to see how I liked them in the colors above...clementine, grasshoper, butternut and white...can you believe they have orange (they call it clementine)---Andrew was so excited about that! They came in today and they are simply the cutest little things I have ever seen. I can't hardley wait to see this new little baby's hiney in them! Anyways...if you are curious here are the reasons I decided that it would be best for us:

1- COST....Disposable diapers for a baby to age 2 1/2 -3 yrs cost is approximately $2000.00.
Bum Genius Cloth Diapers cost $400.00 for 24. You do need to wash them every other day or every third day, so my good friend Amanda Geidl suggested 24 was enough for sure. The cost of detergent and Kushies (disposable liners that go on the cloth diapers to catch the poop where you can simply peel off the liner and put the poop and liner in the toilet without having to swish the cloth diaper in the toilet...Less Mess!) for 2 1/2 -3 yrs cost is $100.00.
Comparison:
Disposable $2000.00
Cloth $500.00
So we are looking at saving $1500.00 and we could still use the cloth diapers over again if God happened to bless us yet again with another baby Cupp in the years ahead.

2- Convience....I love the idea of not having to load up 3 kids to go to Sam's to buy diapers. I love the idea of having all my diapers already purchased and ready to go and to be able to use them over and over. (granted I have washed them, of course!)

3- Cuteness Factor.....they are adorable...and they come in ORANGE! :)

4- Adjustable...I can use the same 24 diapers the entire time they are for 7-35lbs.

5- Grossness Factor....when I think of all the disposable diapers that I used with Carson and Andrew rotting somewhere in a landfill....it grosses me out....can you imagine how many are out there somewhere? Okay that's really yucky....lets move on.

6- State of the Art--- you can visit thier website to get more info...www.cottonbabies.com...but they are truly state of the art cloth diapers...not your old fashioned cloth diapers with pins...these puppies are amazing. When Dustin saw them tonight he was like...WOW...that is nothing like a cloth diaper!

Yes, I know cloth diapers.....I too once thought the idea of using them was absolutely crazy however, now I am SOLD and sooo looking forward to using them....did I mention they are too cute! :)






1-

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yea!!! I found that I can buy the Kushies liners at Walmart (online--have it shipped site to store for free!) for about 6.50/each (no shipping either!). I bought some the other day, had it shipped to the nearest Walmart, and I spent 12.97 for 2 rolls of 100 sheets. That's even cheaper than buying them from babies r us or the kushies website. Super excited about that!!!