Monday, March 16, 2009

Lazy Days..



I love these pics of Andrew...they totally capture this last weekend, lazy days. It was so wonderful to get to just relax and spend time doing really nothing special this past weekend. I seem to be getting more and more uncomfortable as the days go by and feeling alot of pressure. Last night I was actually awoken by a very strong set of contractions that lasted about thirty minutes or so before finally subsiding enough where I could go back and lay down. My official due date is not for another 5 weeks but I wonder really if we will be waiting that long for Abigail's arrival. We went and saw Dr.Ross this morning and he told us that he would be out of town for the week starting tomarrow and then out of town the following weekend as well...this really does not bother me, because I know that wherever we are Dustin can actually deliver her if he needs to. It makes me a little weary of this weekend, however. On thursday, we are traveling to Enid and visiting with Bass Baptist Hospital pretty much all day Friday. Then Friday late afternoon we are driving to OKC for an OKC Thunder Basketball game and back to Tulsa again on Saturday. Visiting with Bass...I am really having to pray that God will help to give me a peace about Enid. The thing that I am not crazy about is the size, it is still 50,000 people or so. I really feel like it would be so easy to get lost in the mix and not really be able to make the impact for Christ in relationships and community medicine like we feel called to do. Schools. I do not have a peace about Enid schools for the boys and the other option would be Chisolm which is super tiny and not really a community school, but at outlying rural school I would say, if that makes sense. The great positive is family close by, Granny lives in Enid and Grandmommie would only be 30 minutes away and Aunt Becky about 45 minutes. In the past couple of months I have just really loved the prospect of the town of Cushing. When we took our little day of adventure and traveled to Cushing....I really can't explain it other than it just felt right. The town is about 10,000 or so and is definately a strong and close community. I would feel very confident sending the boys to the schools there and can see the many opportunities of ministry and medicine working hand in hand together to truly make a difference for Christ in this small town.
Dustin actually talked to the CEO of the Cushing Hospital today and we are very excited about getting to meet with them and talk with them maybe early April....which brings it all back to God's timing with Abigail. When will she come? I am kind of a planner and as I look at our calendar for the next couple of weeks...I wonder of course, when God's perfect timing will be. This weekend we plan on being in OKC and Enid, next weekend (28th) some good friends are throwing us a shower at the church, and the following weekend (4th) our friends at Image are throwing a shower for us. Dustin is planning on possibly meeting with the CEO from Cushing Monday, April 6th.... I wonder how it will all pan out....will she come before that? Maybe? Maybe Not? I kind of like the suspense of not knowing....and then again I think it sure would be nice to know. Oh well, until then I am going to enjoy some lazy days with my boys. Here was my scripture this morning that God used to reassure me yet again with our need to sale the rental house, " For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, who says to you, Fear Not; I will help you! Isaiah 41:13

No comments: