Thursday, March 5, 2009

Praise...Mr. Mervyn

Well since October we have been looking at and praying about purchasing a new vehicle to replace our Saturn Vue. Only because with the expansion of our family we determined that the back seat would not hold three car seats very well...I have absolutely loved this vehicle and the cargo space that it had. When we first started looking we were unsure if a minivan or a suburban would best suit our needs. It has been pretty amazing to see God's timing in all of this...a couple of weeks ago (in the midst of selling our rent house) I really felt like the Lord was telling us that it was time to try to sell our car. We had been into the dealerships and they told us that they would only give us about 3500.00 trade for the Vue, which we were very dissapointed with. We knew that in order to purchase something and pay cash for it we were going to have to sell it ourselves. When I first told Dustin that I felt like we should put the Vue up for sale...I was surprised that He didn't flat out tell me that I was crazy. He was working nights last month and so if we did sell it I knew that only having one car for a little while would be okay...I could drive his during the day while he was sleeping. So we resolved to trust in the Lord's timing and detail the Vue and put it up for sale. We sold the Vue within the week! I was a little sad to see it go...it had been such a wonderful vehicle that we bought right after Carson was born. I had been doing some research that week on minivans thinking it would save us so much on gas especially if gas prices went up again. On thursday we went and drove a 2002 Honda Odyssey that was super nice. My only concern was watching Carson try to take his booster to the back seat...it seemed quite small and with me pregnant it was difficult for me to help him put his seat belt on also...thier didn't seem to be much room. The owner of the minivan was super nice and we both really enjoyed talking with him...the van had 96K miles on it. That night we came home, Dustin was especially not easy with the minivan for some reasone, we did a little more research on the 2002 model Honda Odyssey and found out that the majority of them ended up with some sort of transmission problem around 100K miles. Not good. In the back of my mind I kept thinking about how small the interior seemed and how we would need this new vehicle to last us at least 5 years. I didn't want to outgrow something yet again in that 5 years. The one thing that I loved about the Suburban was the cargo room in the trunk area and that some of them actually had the same interior layout as the minivans with the four captains seats and the back bench. I knew that the Suburban was also priced alot higher than we really wanted to or could afford to spend if we bought it from a dealer.....that night I searched for Suburbans and found one. It would be perfect for us! It was a 2003 with 80K miles and had the 4 captains seats and leather! I prayed about it and talked to Dustin about it. We met the couple at Victory Christian Church on Friday night and drove it. We both were so amazed at the shape of this vehicle and the price! After driving it we knew that this was the vehicle that God had intended for us all along! We drove a vehicle like it in October but it has 140K miles and was still $10,000. How amazing is our God that in his perfect timing....he sold our vehicle...and lined up this perfect vehicle for us in such a short time! We purchased the Suburban on Saturday...the family was a one owner that had driven it for the past 6 years and whose children were getting old enough to drive thier own vehicles...the were simply not needing such a large vehicle...the youngest little boy Andrew who was six came with the Dad to finalize the title and everything on Saturday...he was a little sad to see the Suburban go to us but he was soo cute showing Carson and Andrew all the buttons and fun things inside...He told us that the suburban had a name....Mr.Mervyn.....so cute....we are so overwelmed with gratefulness that God provided our family with Mr. Mervyn. It is just a car but such a blessing. Praising Him!

No comments: