Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Slowing Down...

Well life is officially slowing down again....and slow is good! We have relinquished alot of responsibilities in the past month as we are preparing for Abigail's arrival. We are no longer teaching the sophmores boys and girls Sunday School class on Sunday mornings. We have been doing this for two years now and although it has been a huge commitment it has also been such a huge blessing being able to pour our lives into thiers week after week and see them grow in the Lord. We know that God has definately given us a peace about stepping down but at the same time we feel like we were just getting to connect with our new class and were beginning to see God really working. We are once again in our own age group Sunday School class, which seems a little odd after being with the youth for so long. I have also relinquished alot of the responsibilities for the Girls of Grace Ministry for teen girls at our church that we started in September. I always knew that this was not something that God was going to have me in charge of long term....in fact I knew that He mainly just had called me to get it going...and so I did. It makes me a little sad to see it transition into this new phase...I feel like a mommy watching her little baby grow wings and fly without my direction and supervision. I am so thankful for what God has taught me through this ministry and the relationships that I have been able to build with these precious girls. I have been so blessed to see so much fruit blossom from them in the past few months....to see them truly grasp the love that the Lord has for them and to see them boldly live for Christ has been so incredible! I am so proud of these girls. I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for this ministry as I step back and let the Lord transition them with a new leader. Business transition. This past weekend Dustin, the boys, and I went to Dallas to change showrooms. Since January I have been really praying the Lord's will for this business and what He would have us to do. It has been a pretty demanding year working markets in Dallas and shows in Tulsa and OKC. I knew that I had no desire to continue this work away from my family especially when Abigail was getting closer to arriving. God began to really give me a sense of peace about slowing down with the business and just letting Him provide. We decided to close our showroom in the Kids Studio at the Dallas Market Center and have signed a contract with a rep showroom. The awesome part is that they are going to do all of our orders and representation in OK, LA, TX, and AR. We no longer will have to travel to Dallas to work markets.....which is a huge blessing! Dustin and I both had a wonderful visit with the new showroom owner that will be repping our product now, Kids at Home Showroom, and were very confident that this is what the Lord really wanted us to do in regards to the business. I left Dallas feeling like a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.....God has worked so many things out in his perfect timing over the past couple of weeks. He is so faithful! The only thing left we have to take care of is selling the rental house. It has been almost 6 weeks now since it has been on the market and our realtor called the other day to see if we thought we needed to lower the price or change the listing information to make it more appealing, (It has 20 piers and that has been scarring off most buyers that are seriously interested in making an offer) but we both feel like God has just been confirming to us over and over that He has the right people to buy this home....we just need to wait on Him and his perfect timing. Here is the verse he gave me the next morning in my quiet time"Wait and hope for and expect the Lord, be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and eduring." Psalm 27:14...We will wait and hope in Him and expect him to make good what Satan inteded for evil with the purchase of this home because He is so faithful! I am truly enjoying the slowing down period of transition that we are in...Dustin's schedule has been so easy this month also which is truly wonderful....slow is good. We have approximately 5 weeks or so until Abigail comes....so exciting. One of my favorite things these days is going into her closet and looking at her clothes. It is still a little unreal for me to really imagine her here, I don't think that will soak in until she is born and home. I love it when people ask these days how much longer I have because I love to say really only the Lord knows....Carson was 2 weeks early and Andrew was a day late so.....?? I had an ultrasound done around 29 weeks and they predicted April 10th according to all of her measurements....I am holding onto that. It sounds good to me! I did go ahead and order he a coordinating Easter outfit to match her brothers if she is here by Easter (it is orange and I keep thinking...if she has red hair like in my dream she probobly won't like the orange so much :) ) ....but I realize that her official due date is not until April 21...whatever day she comes I am content and know that He is in control and that it will truly be His perfect timing...I am really going to enjoy the slow days ahead until then.... Praising Him!

No comments: