Monday, November 24, 2008

Using the Pattern

So this weekend I have been working on making Abigail's bedding. Yes sewing it myself, which really seemed daunting at first. As I contemplated fabric and a plan.....how was I going to accomplish this? I can make a blanket, no problem, but a bumper and fitted crib sheets....hmmm....at one point I wondered, wow.... where do I even start? I have to know first off how much fabric I will need for each item and I guess go from there. Then it dawned on me...hey, I have a crib quilt pattern somewhere that I am sure has a pattern to make a bumper and fitted sheet. The hunt began for the pattern and at last was sucessful! What a blessing....a pattern...who would have known that it could possibly be so easy to make crib sheets....15 minutes, so easy and they are beautiful!! I am still working cutting and sewing the pieces together for the bumber but am confident in the pattern and that it will be successful. As I was sewing Sunday afternoon God really spoke to me through the blessing of finding this pattern...things are so much easier if someone has gone before us and marked the way and accomplished the task successfully. Just like this sewing pattern, God has left a pattern for us in His word. He wants His best for us...His abundant life. If only we will stop trying to figure it out ourselves and truly listen and obey His word. How much easier it all was sewing the bedding using a simple pattern and in turn how much easier and fulfilling life can truly be if we will willingly follow His pattern through His word!!.......thank you God that you love us so much that you would not only send your son Jesus to die for us but also that you would want your best for us while on this earth.....that you have so graciously left us such a pattern to follow in your word. I pray that we will truly use it as a pattern of our lives, as a lamp unto our feet so that when people see us and the way we live our lives they might glorify You!

"Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your minds." Romans 12:2

No comments: