Thursday, November 13, 2008

What am I thinking...really?

So nice cake huh? We are having a special Girls Ministry Bible Study on Monday at my home and our theme is....you guessed it...wedding. So I was thinking... really... how hard can it be to make a cake and put it on pillars and then put flowers on it? You have to have a wedding cake at a wedding, right? It is kind of the pillar of the celebration, right? So here I am on a tiny budget going to all the bakery's to see if I can get a "cheap" wedding cake...Okay laugh with me cause "cheap" does not exist....you would think that it could be found out there...but I assure you not in Tulsa at least. The cheapest I found was Food Pyramid for $125.00. Not in the budget. Okay so we scrap that and start from the beginning...maybe I could bake all the cakes myself and go from there.....hmmm....I would have to buy the cake pans and supplies and plus I hate frosting cakes..I am totally not a perfectionist and to think of the cooking and the mess....not appealing...so here is the plan. I talked with a friend from church and she is going to make the three cakes for us for $50.00. Now here comes the challenge, I am then going to take them home and attempt the whole assembly of the tiers....hmmmm....the more I think about it the more I have this sinking feeling that this cake is sooo gonna topple over....I guess smashed cake is still yummy cake, right? Anyone ever attempted this? Any advice? If not rememeber to pray for me on Monday.....surely it will turn out okay...right? :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You sound like me...biting off more than you can chew! :) I think it should be fine, but you could always get a cheap groom's cake from the grocery store! :) I like groom's cake better anyway...love that chocolate!!!