Saturday, November 22, 2008

What a Day....

Sister Bear




Andrew's Choo Choo Blanket


The Finished Quilt


Fabric Cut into Strips and Sewn together

Wow! We had a wild and crazy and too fun day today. I started the day creating!! I love creating things. I have been thinking through a design for Abigail's crib quilt and found a really easy pattern yesterday online that looked perfect. Andrew and I went to the fabric store yesterday to get a few more coordinating fabrics and some ribbon. Andrew fell in love with some Choo Choo flannel that he insisted we get and make him a blanket of and so we did. I had so much fun putting the fabrics together and of course asking Dustin his opinion of which ones he liked and in what order and so forth....he really likes a say in all this....of course most times he doesn't like what I do. He! Anyways it was actually very simple. I sewed the stips together and then cut them into strips again and sewed them together to make a hodge podge of a quilt! The concept was so easy and I think that the pattern was made for people like me who do not like perfection....making all the lines add up and they inevitibly never do....anyways I am very happy with it. Then we proceeded to work on Andrew's Choo Choo blanket which from the picture you can tell that he was so proud of it. He wanted to "wear it." He immediately proceeded to the couch to lay down and cuddle up with it. So funny! After lunch we went to Build a Bear at the Mall so that the boys could build a bear for sister Abigail. Carson was so into it....he was very adamant at the bear he wanted and was so very excited to stuff it. It was fun to see the boys so excited about making something for thier sister. They named the her Sister Bear. Carson even made sure to buckle her in with the seat belt so that she would be safe on the way home....he is going to be such a great big brother and protector for Abigail.





No comments: